Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 812red Chowsir Women Sexy Elegant Slim Sequin Cocktail Party Evening Long Dress
- Aubade Womens pinkssence HalfCup Bra Balconette Bra
- Black Marc Jacobs Women's MARC 368 S
- bluee 3 Da Facioun Indian Women Designer Latest Fancy Party Wear Heavy Kaftan
- Cher Fuchsia Pink Liz Claiborne Women's L569 S Sunglasses
- Desolateness Women Long Sleeve ShearlingLined Fur Hooded Denim Jacket Coat Outwear
- FARYSAYS Women's Open Front Long Sleeve Cardigans Sweater Outerwear Pocket
- Grey Michealboy Bridal Robe Tulle Illusion Long Wedding Nightgown Bathrobe Lingerie
- You.u Women Water Stain Resistant Anorak Winter Long Quilted Coat
- Ice bluee FNKS Women's Off The Shoulder Straps Lace Bodice Short Prom Dress Homecoming Party Gowns
- Kasper Womens Onion Skin Double UNeck Tank Cami Shirt
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Ropata Dressy Wide Leg Jumpsuit Green XS
- Majestic Filatures Womens Striped Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Shirt
- Nat terry Women Parkas Winter Female Warm Thicken MiddleLong Slim Hooded Jackets Coat Outwear Parkas Coat
- Patrizia Pepe Women's BA1431AZ26G463 Green Polyamide Dress
- QY Bride Woman's Mermaid Wedding Reception Party Dresses with Applique
- Scarves & Wraps ild Silk Scarf Print Shawl Suntan Beach Towel Scarves & Wraps (color C, Size 175 110cm)
- SUKIYAKI Women Cap Sleeve Dress African Print Dashiki Style Floral Party
- Tory Burch TY2065 Eyeglass Frames 159853 Navy Turquoise Hunter
- Watermelon Riveroy Women Formal Lace High Low Evening Dress See Through Ruffles Ball Gown Prom Party Dress(17 colors)
- XBionic Radiactor Long Sleeve Women's Running Top Large X Large
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.