Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 40 PCS Keyring Car Door Key Ring Tag Chain Keychain Wholesale Suppliers Charms Handmade V4NV4 Christmas Signs
- Army Green ZOEREA Girls' Woolen Fabrics Coat DoubleBreasted Winter Jackets
- Black Ellen Tracy Womens Zip Front Jacket Down Alternative Coat
- Black Zity Women Lightweight Trench Raincoat Hooded Anorak Waterproof Rain Jacket Windbreaker
- Squaredone Womens Fashion One Size flower pattern and tassel Scarf Wraps Scarves [Super Lightweight, Soft] [pink lace] [ScarfTriangle] [tea pink scarf valance] Scarf for womens shawls, Pink Brown
- Turtle Fur Women's Mika Nepal Wool Knit Beanie Hat
- White Little Donkey Andy Women's UPF 50+ UV Predection Shirt, Long Sleeve Fishing Shirt, Breathable and Fast Dry
- Y&P Ladies Winter Hooded Pajamas Dressing Gown Flannel Thickening Long Sleeve Warm Bathrobes, White, XL
- Chaus Women's Long Sleeve Animal Jacquard Cardigan
- Deep Grey GUBERRY Women's Deep V Neck Long Sleeve Unique Cross Wrap Sexy Slim Fit Tops
- EUty Women's Blanket Tassel Winter Warm Geometry Pattern Wrap Shawl, Large, Navy, One Size
- goldOath Women's Cotton Robes Set of 9 for Perfect Wedding Party with Lace Trim
- Indian Ethnicwear Silk cotton Red & Yellow,Jamdani work Foliage Style Woven sari
- Khaki YESNO PEZ Women Casual Loose Sweatpants Yoga Jogger Active Pants Ripped Pockets
- Leorvun Satin Silk Pajamas for Women Sleepwear Solid color Long Sleeve Nighty Nightwear PJ Set
- Mathena Beaded Appliques Illusion Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Spit Side Prom Dress
- Neon Buddha Womens Women's Fulton Jacket Sweatshirt
- Pilusooou Women Fashion Lapel DoubleBreasted Windbreaker Winter Coat
- Purple Yaning Sexy Steel Boned Overbust Corset Top Corsets and Bustiers Waist Trainer
- Sanctuary Clothing Womens Cold Shoulder Sweatshirt
- Suede Faux Leather Jacket for Women Autumn TurnDown colors Zippers Motorcycle Lady Coat
- Unisex Changing Bath Robe Surf Poncho Replacement Robes Replaceable Poncho with Pockets One Size for Everyone for Beach Surf Swim Triathlon
- Winme Women Shoulder Off Plus Size Mermaid Bodycon African Print Party Dress
- Piero Guidi Women's Black Bag
- Alex Evenings Women's Plus Size Midi Empire Waist Sheath Dress with Sleeves
- Beanie Hat Men Women Winter Warm Ski Skull Cap Chunky Slouchy Cable Knit Beanie
- Bollé Women's Gianna Woven Pleated Skirt with Shorts
- color 3 Beautiful Nomad Pashmina Shawl Wrap Scarf in Solid and Plaid Pattern
- Yeokou Women's Slim Fit Button Up Lapel Collar PU Faux Leather Long Trench Coat
- Desigual Womens' Sport Woven Short Denim Luxury,
- Fantasy Figure Womens Dream Shirred Tankini Top Size 816
- Grey Joyloading 3D Elephant Clutch Handbags
- J Kara Womens Plus Size Beaded Long Jacket Dress Special Occasion Dress
- La Moda Clothing Printed Multi colord HiLo Beach Wear & Resort Wear Cover Up Dress by GOGA Swimwear
- LUVAGE Women's Striped Half Sleeve Loose fit Top
- MACloth Women Cap Sleeve Sequin Cocktail Dress Boat Neck Short Bridesmad Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.